Friday 16 September 2011

Bringing Baby Overseas

Its almost 2 years that I have not gone on a holiday and I'm dying to go somewhere, ANYWHERE! To compensate for me not being able to join my family on their upcoming trip to Korea, my husband agreed to take me somewhere near for a short holiday. After some considerations, I've decided to go to Bangkok so I could replenish my stock for the breast milk bags that I'm selling online. And guess what? Hayden's gonna come with us!

First and foremost, I had to get Hayden's passport photo ready. After a few failed attempts at taking the photo myself, I brought him to the shop to get it done instead. With a few snap snap and click click (photoshop), Hayden's passport photo is ready. It is actually really easy to get a passport for Hayden with ICA's APPLE, their online passport application service. Within a few days, I received an email that Hayden's passport was ready and we brought him down to collect his passport as he had to be there in person. We happened to go during the school holidays hence the waiting time was about half an hour. Honestly, the queues moved pretty fast and it was a pleasant experience overall.

Next on my to-do list was to book the air tickets. After checking prices at various online ticketing sites, I booked our tickets via zuji. If you are wondering if Hayden needs a ticket, the answer is yes. Infants less than 23 months have to get an infant ticket. The price is quite cheap though, SGD70 inclusive of tax and fuel surcharge. In fact, the airfare costs less than the tax and surcharges. Hayden gets 10KG of checked luggage, excluding the stroller. However, he does not get a seat hence I'll have to carry him for the whole journey which may be a problem as he probably would not be willing to sit still for long. I do hope he drinks some milk and sleeps through the journey!

I'll update more about the trip when we return! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment