Wednesday 7 September 2011

Co-sleeping with baby

Most experts and PDs do not recommend co-sleeping with baby in the same bed. However, as I do not have space in my room to fit Hayden's baby cot, I started letting him sleep in the bed with us for the age of 1 month to make it more convenient for myself to feed him when he wakes up at night.

We're starting to regret our decision now as he is much taller now and likes to flip and turn in his sleep. My husband and I are being driven to the edge of the bed each night and have to endure numerous kicks, in addition to being awaken by his cries a few times a night. No prize for guessing how sleep deprived we are now.

If I were to start over again, I would invest in a baby moses basket which is small enough to fit in our room yet comfortable for him to sleep in safely.

No comments:

Post a Comment