Thursday 29 September 2011

Getting Formula Milk Samples

While experimenting with which formula milk suits Hayden, I realized we can get formula milk samples from the various companies such as MeadJohnson and Abbott.



Enfalac: It was a very nice overall experience. The next day after sms-ing to them, a lady called me to get more information and informed me that she will send a 400g sample to me. It was sent via their courier service and came with phamplets of information on why Enfalac should be my preferred choice of milk. They even included car decals and magnets free. Hayden was fine drinking this milk and did not have constipation like he did when drinking Friso.

Similac: A long time after sending the sms to Abbott, there was no reply from them but subsequently I received an sms from them saying they tried unsuccessfully to contact me. There was a call back number but when I called back, it went to a voicemail. Sadly, despite leaving a voicemail for them to call me back, I have yet to receive any reply from them.

Isomil: They are under Abbott too hence also no reply. I heard that drinking soy milk reduces phlegm in babies and children. When I saw that they sell Isomil in 400g tins hence I bought a small tin to try on Hayden. Isomil is soymilk instead of cow's milk hence the texture of the powder is much coarser and the color of the milk is more yellowish. Hayden had no problems with Isomil too and did not seem to mind switching from Enfalac to Isomil.

Friso: Hayden had constipation within the first few days of starting this milk, despite mixing it in breastmilk. For the first time ever, Hayden started crying when he tried to pass motion and his stool was hard and round  like a stone. Despite it being cheaper and claiming to be the closest match to breastmilk, I will not feed this to Hayden again.

No comments:

Post a Comment